School Ethos, Aims and Values
- that children should be encouraged to do their best through learning opportunities appropriate to their physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- that children and adults should work together to create a caring, safe, stimulating and attractive environment.
- in extending active links within the community through open, friendly and professional relationships with all partners.
- that education continues as the children enter the school gates and includes breaks, movement and behaviour around the school.
- in promoting the highest expectations for achievement through really effective teaching opportunities and challenges.
- in nurturing self-esteem and self-discipline within a broadly Christian framework of moral and ethical values in order to develop a sense of respect and responsibility towards others.
- in respecting children from differing cultures, backgrounds and educational needs as individual people.
- in providing a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum to enable children to become independent learners.
- in maintaining close links and regular liaison with other local schools.
- in the Governors’ active and developing involvement in the life of the school.
Click here to see our British Values.