Admission and Attendance
Thank you for considering our school for your children. We cater for children from ages 7 - 11, Year 3 to Year 6. If you would like to visit the school to see us in action, please contact us at the School Office.
You can apply for a place at Irthlingborough Junior School via the North Northamptonshire Council.
- This applies whether you need an in-year place (if you are transferring schools or are new to Irthlingborough) or you are looking to join us next academic year.
- If your child is due to start Year 3 in September 2022, the closing date for applications is on 5pm on 15 January 2022, however you can still make a late application. The link below will guide you through this process:
If you would more information on the school from the North Northamptonshire Council website, please follow this link.
Where we are oversubscribed, places will be offered according to the following admissions criteria:
Our Published Admission Number for 2022-23 in year 3 is 96 pupils.
Our Published Admission Number for 2021-22 in year 3 is 120 pupils.
- Admissions Criteria for 2021/22 (Learning for Life Education Trust) - for September 2021 start
- In Year Admissions 2021/22 (Learning for Life Education Trust)
- How to make an appeal if you have been refused a school place.
Consultation on Admission Arrangements for 2023 intake
We are consulting on our admissions arrangements for entry to the school in September 2023. This consultation will run from 8th November 2021 to 31st December 2021.
We are proposing to decrease the Published Admission Number (PAN) for IJS year of entry (Year 3) from 96 to 90
Copies of the admission arrangements being consulted on can be found below. If you would like to comment on these proposals, please visit the North Northamptonshire Councils consultation page on their website from Monday 8 November and select “School Admission Arrangements”, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Admissions Consultation for 2023" on or before 31st December 2021.